Izabella's Malaga Blog


 

Hi everyone, my name is Izabella! I'm a student at BIFE, participating in the October 2022 Erasmus+ program. At BIFE, I study Animal Science Advanced.

Myself alongside 8 other people, whose blogs you can also find here, have been chosen to parttake in the program this year.

Personally, I started preparing for the trip about four days beforehand. The first thing I did was create a packing list on my phone, to make sure I will not forget anything (spoiler alert: I did). I find lists very useful to me, as my attention span and forever distracted brain would not be able to think of everything on the spot and remember everything! Having a list helped me make sure that everything I want to bring will be packed.

I started actually packing about three days before the flight day. It was a very exciting, but also a little bit sad moment, realising I will be away from my family (and my cats) for three whole weeks! I knew that the experience I would have would be very much worth it though! However, my younger cat, Luna, did not make the process any easier, as she would constantly try to get into my suitcase, as I was trying to pack it!

I met with the group at Dublin Airport Terminal 2, at around 4:30am. Most people were already there, and once the whole group arrived, we went ahead to check-in our luggage. From there, we proceeded through security and into the duty-free area fo the airport! There we got coffee, some of us got food, and after that we patiently waited for our gate to show up. Once the gate was up, we made our way over there. It was perfectly timed, because once we arrived, people just started to queue for boarding! The flight was about 3 hours long, plus we had a slight delay of 15 minutes. It was shaky, with lots of turbulences when we got above Spain, but other than that, it was a very successful flight! We arrived in Malaga at 12pm local time. After picking up our luggage, we went out to meet a driver who took us to our accomodation.

Staright away I noticed the change in weather! Leaving the plane, we could still feel the chill and wind, but once inside the building of the airport, the hoodies and jackets were off! The humidity is definitely different, and even thought the sky was cloudy when we arrived, we could feel the sun's heat.

First day in Malaga went slow, but very successful! After receiving our room keys, everyone went to their rooms to leave their luggage, rest and refresh themselves. I took a quick shower and unpacked my luggage as best as I could before the induction meeting at 2.15pm!

At the induction meeting, we were introduced to Ricard, who is one of the Erasmus Era representatives here in Malaga. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clarice O'Hagan - Erasmus Malaga Spain

Isobel In Malaga Part 2