Isobel In Malaga Part 2






Hola! Im Isobel and i'm currently in BIFE studying Graphic Design in year 2. Im so excited to be in Malaga for the second time participating in the Erasmus+ Program. I feel so grateful to be picked again and to get away from rainy Ireland! I really wanted to participate a second time round as I want more work experience within the Graphic Design industry and Im excited to make loads of new memories!

We arrived to Malaga on Friday morning and went straight to the accommodation, I was really chuffed with the accommodation it’s really cosy and spacious. We have our own gym, cinema and games room and roof top with nice views!  We were very tired Friday but still managed to go out for dinner. I was really excited to be back in Malaga for the second time, its like i never left! 


The boat trip on Sunday was amazing, it was a great way to see Malaga, we all had such a great time then went to the beach after. Even in October it’s so surprisingly warm I feel really lucky to be here coming into winter ☀️ 🌞 







On Monday I headed to work for my first day, I am working at a Non profit organisation doing Graphic Design.  As expected the first day of work is always quite nerve wrecking but exciting and when I arrived to work I actually didn’t start proper until the next day so much to my relief I got spent the day walking around  Malaga exploring  whilst having a good idea of what my work will entail within the following days πŸ–πŸŒž 



On the first proper day of work we went into the office and got given a task by email to do. Myself and Ben were quite confused as we aren't used to working through email and not face to face. But at the end of the day this is good experience for us both as it is working in a professional environment and nowadays everything is remote working. The task we were given was to make a Christmas campaign, These are some facebook banners/ Posts I made as part of the task to advertise their clients products.












During the first week of work we also got to part take in a Water-colour workshop which was really random but surprisingly so much fun and relaxing. The woman who ran the workshop was an amazing artist and we got to see a lot of her work which was really fun  and inspiring for us.




Some of the art work we saw in the office the workshop was taking place!
πŸ’–πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ






On Thursday we went to the flamenco show,  it was really good craic! It was different than the one I went to in May. It was definitely worth going a second time. We got a free drink and cheese and crackers it was lovely!  The dancers and the singers were really talented it was a great experience.
πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ





After the show we went for dinner to No Piqui with Sarah. I really recommend going to this restaurant its really central and the food is amazing!


In the second week of Erasmus I spent going to work and enjoying the amazing weather at the beach. I didn't go on the day trips because I went last time and wanted to catch up on sleep as it can be quite tiring going to work everyday, but i really recommend going to Granada and Nerja as it was amazing last time. 






The malagueta is probably the go to beach to go to as its local and walking distance to everything. Its near supermarkets and food places and has a good walk way if you want to take a stroll by the beach. 
To go to eat my go to places are 3 amigos by the port, it has indian, greek, italian and tapas so its a great place to go as a group ! also ciao italian is so nice and affordable, pizzamore for the best pizza ever also really cheap and for drinks I really recommend Morriseys Irish pub it has a great atmosphere at night and also really affordable, 




It's the 3rd week now and Myself and Ben are busy finishing the Christmas campaign. We made posters for most days leading up to Christmas and important days such as 3 kings day on the 6th of January. Doing this project has been really good experience and is great to add to my portfolio. Ive never worked on  campaign before so it was great to get thinking outside of the box for this project and work as a team with Ben. It gave us the opportunity to be creative and also get a bit of marketing experience.



The last few days I spent enjoying the nice weather and shopping around to bring things home to Ireland.
We went for dinner with Richard as a group for the final night in 3 amigos by the port which was lovely.





Im home now and happy to see my friends and family but sad to not be in the nice weather and not to be around nice people everyday! It was a great experience and i recommend applying , 3 weeks goes by really quick and  you’ll be sad to be home and back to college !

Hasta luego MΓ‘laga xxx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clarice O'Hagan - Erasmus Malaga Spain

Izabella's Malaga Blog